· By Soar Organics
4 Delicious Ways to Add Matcha to Your Life
For the launch of our new community blog section we're thrilled to feature four different creators that have put together delicious and easy to recreate Soar Organics matcha recipes. Take a look at their write ups below and enjoy!
Hi my name is Christina and I am a Registered Holistic Nutritionist living in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I am the owner of Eats By Tee, which is a nutrition consulting business and blog. I work 1:1 with my clients, navigating them back to optimum health by educating them on the importance of nutrition, and addressing the root causes of one’s health. I help guide my clients to feeling themselves again, by using a holistic approach. I also focus on recipe development and have provided a delicious gluten-free matcha cookie recipe below.
I love matcha because of the natural caffeine it contains and the calming effect it has afterwards from the amino acid L-theanine. I used to drink about 3-4 cups of coffee a day my first year of university to get me through those long classes and nights staying up late writing papers, only to crash and burn myself out. I haven’t had coffee in over 3 years and just stick to my Soar Organics matcha. I find it very relaxing and soul filling when enjoying a warm cup of matcha in the morning. Matcha has so many wonderful health properties and you can always add more by making it into a matcha latte and adding healthy fats like coconut butter. I am so glad I found Soar Organics!
Matcha White Chocolate Chunk Cookie Recipe:
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup coconut shreds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp Soar Organics matcha
- 1 egg
- ½ cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tbsp coconut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ organic white chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or use cooking spray.
- Combine all wet ingredients into a bowl and all dry ingredients into another bowl. Once mixed, combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until dough forms.
- Fold in white chocolate chips and roll cookie dough into balls.
- Press the balls down into cookies and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
2. Matcha Chia Pudding & Pink Yogurt Layers by Vivian
Hi everyone! I’m Vivian from @tinyteathings. I started both my blog and later my Instagram as a way to heal myself from the inside out while I was dealing with some mental health issues. I turned to tea for its healing properties and its warmth, which calmed my stress and stomach issues that arose, as well as gave me something to focus my energies and thoughts on. My blog and Instagram evolved to include healthy recipes, as well, because so much of mental health starts in the gut.
I’m so happy that I started using Soar Organics because the brand is clean, delicious, and affordable. The owners are some of the kindest people (Megan, you are a gem!) and are always supportive of my work. I love matcha for its slow energy supply. I tend to get too wired up and dehydrated when I drink coffee. Matcha is the perfect substitute. It also is packed with antioxidants and L-theanine, which helps with memory and relaxation!
Antioxidant Rich Matcha Chia Pudding and Pink Yogurt Layers:
- ½ cup reduced fat coconut milk
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp Soar Organics matcha
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp beet powder
- 4 strawberries for decoration
- Mix together the coconut and almond milk, chia seeds, and matcha in a bowl. Leave on the counter for 10 minutes.
- Stir the chia pudding mixture again. Cover and store in fridge overnight (2-4 hours will also work, but leaving it overnight makes it thicker). Stir again when done.
- In another bowl, mix together the yogurt and beet powder.
- Layer the chia pudding and yogurt mixture in a cup. Place strawberries for decoration.
3. Simple Matcha Latte by Gaby
Hi there! My name is Gaby and I have a food blog by the name of Veggie World Recipes! Two and a half years ago, I became vegan for animal equality and environmental reasons. Prior to being vegan, I could BARELY cook for myself. After becoming vegan, I started reading recipes and experimenting with food, and I found that I LOVED it! I started blogging because I wanted to share my recipes and maybe even inspire people to live a healthier life. It has been my favourite hobby since and I absolutely love the amazing community of people I've met online!
One of my favourite products that I've discovered since becoming so passionate about health has been matcha, which is why I absolutely love collaborating on recipes with Soar Organics. They have such high-quality matcha and really care about their products being produced in a sustainable way, which is very important to me. I used to be a HUGE coffee drinker (I'm talking 3-4 cups a day), but I found that it made me anxious and jittery. I wanted to try something that still gave me energy, but without all of the side effects. I started replacing my morning coffee with a matcha latte and found it offered so many amazing benefits. Matcha gives me a steady energy boost all day without the coffee crash, and has an amazing effect on my mood too. I start every day with my favourite healthy, dairy-free and refined sugar-free matcha latte, and I want to share it with you so you can make it too!
Matcha Latte Recipe:
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 pitted dates
- 1 tsp Soar Organics matcha
I blend my matcha drink in my blender to get the perfect frothy, sweet, and delicious drink that makes every morning a little better. :)
4. Matcha Coconut Cups by Dafna
I’ll be honest, I get really excited about almost everything. But there are few things that I am deeply passionate about. You might even say borderline obsessed. These are the things that I could not/would not want to live without. They are: dogs, yoga, produce, healthy eats, healthy treats, and matcha. Absolutely no morning goes by without my daily matcha latte. The ritual of making my matcha at the start of each new day has become something I have grown to find sacred. It means a moment for myself, to prepare for whatever the day may bring. And if it’s a good day, would involve all my other passions. That not usually being the case, matcha is my way of ensuring a little cup of bliss every morning.
I truly believe that how I eat, and the way I nourish my body with food, directly effects how I feel. My morning matcha is the first step of my healthy diet. While, I am always experimenting with what types of food make me feel best, whole foods and natural ingredients are always integral with my diet. Currently, most of my meals are plates filled with lots of simply cooked, seasonal veggies. Lots of fresh water. And of course, healthy desserts.
Matcha Coconut Cups Recipe (Makes 6)
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp sweetener of choice
Matcha Coconut Filling:
- 4 tbsp coconut butter, warmed and melted
- 2 tsp sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp Soar Organics matcha
- Make the chocolate layer by mixing together all chocolate layer ingredients, and pour half equally into the bottom of muffin tin liners (leaving the other half for top layer). Put in freezer, about 5 mins.
- Mix matcha layer and pour evenly into the 6 cups over the chocolate. Put back in freezer.
- Pour remaining chocolate over the matcha layer, put back in the freezer one more time and that’s it!