· By Soar Organics
Gingerbread Hojicha Blender Latte
We have another delicious festive holiday latte recipe to share with you! We took some of the healthier ingredients from traditional gingerbread cookies, added hojicha powder & turned it into a cozy winter latte recipe.
If you haven’t heard of hojicha before, it’s a traditional Japanese tea made from roasted green tea leaves. Hojicha is specially fired at high temperatures, creating a very unique flavour profile. The taste can be described as robust, bold and nutty. Due to its unique roasting process, hojicha is very low in caffeine. This makes hojicha a great late afternoon or evening tea.
- 1 cup Oat Milk
- 1/4 cup Water, for whisking
- 1 tsp. Soar Organics Hojicha Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Organic Black Strap Molasses
- 1 tsp. Coconut Butter
- Pinch of Organic Brown Sugar
Caution: Never fully enclose (or fill up fully) hot liquid in a blender. If you don’t have a blender you can easily recreate this recipe on the stovetop in a saucepan.
- Bring 1/4 cup water to a boil in a kettle or pot. Add to blender with hojicha powder.
- In a separate pot, heat oat milk on stovetop over medium heat and add to your blender.
- Add in ginger, cinnamon, molasses, coconut butter and brown sugar. Blend for 30 seconds to one minute, or until nice and frothy.
- Pour into your favourite mug and enjoy!