· By Soar Organics
Simple Soy Matcha Latte with Honey-Cinnamon Syrup
Even though it's almost summer we still love our matcha lattes warm in the morning. Our matcha lattes are constantly changing and evolving, and this one we couldn't resist sharing with you!
This comforting and tantalizing matcha soy latte is especially warming with the added honey-cinnamon syrup. It's the perfect way to cozy up before you begin your day. Our Ceremonial organic matcha works great for this recipe and adds the perfect amount of sweetness in conjunction with the honey.
Although, if you're not big on warm beverages the best part about this recipe is that you can easily make it iced because of the honey syrup. Turning the honey into syrup beforehand prevents it from freezing up in cold beverages. You can store your honey-cinnamon syrup in the fridge for up to a week (see recipe below).
What you'll need:
- 1 cup Organic Soy Milk
- 1/2 tsp. Soar Organics Ceremonial Matcha
- ~1/3 cup Water for whisking
- 1 tbs. Honey (organic, raw and local is best)
- 1 tbs. Water
- Pinch of Organic Cinnamon (or 1/8 tsp.)
Tip: To make honey-cinnamon syrup for the entire week, multiply ingredients to your desire and store in the fridge in an airtight jar for up to 7 days.
- To make the honey-cinnamon syrup combine honey, water and cinnamon in a saucepan. Stir over medium heat until all your ingredients dissolve. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat water for your matcha to 175°F/80°C in a kettle or saucepan (not quite boiling, see our Matcha Tips post for more info on water temperature). Pour ~1/3 cup (2.5 oz) hot water onto your matcha powder and whisk.
- Next, steam/heat your soy milk and add it into your mug with your matcha and honey-cinnamon syrup. Stir to combine and enjoy!
Is matcha part of your morning routine? Let us know in the comments below.