· By Soar Organics
2-Ingredient Vanilla Almond Milk Matcha Latte
This easy 2-Ingredient Vanilla Almond Milk Matcha Latte is the perfect drink to wake up to (or cozy down with). Matcha green tea has been around for thousands of years, and dates back to ancient Chinese and Japanese history. Matcha is derived from the Camellia sinensis plant and is always shade-grown to enhance the production of chlorophyll (which gives matcha its vibrant green colour). The greener the matcha, the higher the chlorophyll - which means you're essentially getting more nutrients (although this also depends on your source and how it was grown).
Matcha tea comes in various grades of quality. Higher quality matcha is usually enjoyed with just water, or in lattes and other beverages. Lower quality matcha grades, such as culinary and cooking grades, are often used in baking. In this latte recipe specifically we're using Soar Organics Uji Ceremonial Matcha, which has a very sweet taste and pairs nicely with the creamy almond milk.
There's some important steps involving in crafting a matcha latte, which in a way is very similar to adding espresso and steamed milk to a traditional latte.
What you'll need:
- 1 cup Vanilla Almond Milk (we used store-bought, however if you make your own, even better!)
- 1/2 tsp. Soar Organics Uji Ceremonial Matcha
- 1/2 cup Hot Water
- Matcha Whisk (or normal kitchen whisk)
- Begin by heating your water, make sure not to bring it to a complete boil though.
- Heat your vanilla almond milk on the stove, or with an espresso machine.
- In a separate bowl, pour your hot water over your matcha powder. Whisk it together by moving your hand in circular motions. You'll begin to see bubbles form within the matcha.
- Once whisked and frothy, add your matcha into a mug or cup. Pour your warm almond milk on top and enjoy!
Have you given this Soar Organics almond milk matcha latte a try? Let us know!