· By Soar Organics
CBD Lavender & Honey Matcha Latte
We couldn't have thought of a better way to enjoy matcha and CBD together. With a dash of lavender and honey, this matcha latte is both comforting and delicious.
Lavender is a natural and gentle nervine that can have a calming effect on the nervous system. When coupled with the L-theanine found in matcha, this latte is the perfect recipe to help relax your body and mind. Additionally, CBD oil is known for the calming effect it may have on some people, as well as a handful of other health benefits. Canadian company June Herbals explains more about CBD benefits on their website.
Recently, we’ve been enjoying June Herbals’ hemp extract in our daily matcha lattes. June Herbals is a Toronto botanical wellness company that specializes in producing quality hemp-infused and fully plant-based products. Their CBD (cannabidiol) oil is organic, sun-grown and full-spectrum. Unlike CBD isolate, which is a crystalline substance containing only pure CBD, full-spectrum hemp extract contains beneficial cannabinoids, terpenes and flavonoids that are found naturally in the cannabis plant. CBD is non-psychoactive and will not produce the “high” feeling that’s associated with THC (tetrahydrocannabinol).
If you’re looking for more information on CBD oil, our friends over at June Herbals offer an array of useful information on full-spectrum hemp extract and the body’s own endocannabinoid system. Learn more here.
Scroll down for the recipe.
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp. Organic Culinary Grade Dried Lavender
- 1 tbsp. Organic Honey
- 1/4 cup Water, for whisking
- 1 tsp. Soar Organics Everyday Matcha
- 6-8 drops June Herbals Full Spectrum Hemp Internal Extract
- In a small saucepan, combine your almond milk and honey. Bring to a light boil over medium heat until honey has melted.
- Next, add your lavender and stir to incorporate. Reduce heat to low and cover. Let your lavender milk simmer for 20 to 30 minutes to allow for the flavours to absorb.
- Once done, strain your almond milk to remove the lavender buds and set aside.
- Next, in a separate saucepan (or with a kettle) bring 1/4 cup water to a gentle boil.
- In a tea bowl or mug, add 1 tsp. matcha powder. Pour in hot water and whisk until frothy with a bamboo whisk or electric frother.
- Add 6-8 drops of CBD oil to your matcha.
- Finally, pour your warm lavender milk over your matcha. Find a quiet spot to sit & sip peacefully!