· By Soar Organics
Peppermint Matcha Latte by Holistic Nutritionist Tina
Recipe by: Tina Gravalos
Tina is a Holistic Nutritionist from the Toronto, Ontario area. She’s super passionate about all things holistic wellness, and specializes in metabolic syndrome and preventative health.
Matcha and peppermint is a lovely combination, especially this time of year. Check out Tina’s take on a healthier version of a festive peppermint matcha latte you can easily make at home!
This time of year, the smells of the holidays tickle your senses with joy! Smells like cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, and of course, peppermint.
Peppermint is so versatile. From chocolate treats to candy canes and everything in-between. Have you ever tried peppermint in a matcha latte? It’s seriously next level delicious.
What I love about this combo is that you get the best of both worlds. The creamy and smooth matcha taste with a cool kick from the peppermint.
The best part about making lattes at home is that you know exactly what goes into your drink. If you like your drinks a little sweet, you can use refined sugar alternatives like maple syrup, honey, stevia or monk fruit sweetener.
With this peppermint version of a matcha latte, I picked up some ‘better for you’ organic candy canes from Whole Foods (check your local health food store too), because what’s a peppermint matcha latte without some candy cane garnish?
- 1-1/4 cup Almond Milk (you can use any non-dairy milk of your choice)
- 1/2 tsp. Soar Organics Matcha
- 1/4 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp. Pure Peppermint Extract
- 1 tbsp. Maple Syrup, to sweeten
- 1 tbsp. Maple Syrup, to rim mug
- 2 Organic Candy Canes, check local health food store
- Add 1/2 tsp. of matcha powder to small bowl and add 2 oz. of hot water. Whisk until frothy. Add to blender.
- In a small saucepan, on low heat, add non-dairy milk and heat up. Pour into blender.
- Add maple syrup, vanilla and peppermint extract to blender and blend until smooth and frothy.
- Grab two plates and pour 1 tbsp. maple syrup on one, and one crushed candy cane on the other. Dip your mug (upside down) into the maple syrup and then into the crushed candy cane.
- Pour your blended matcha beverage into your mug, and throw in another candy cane for fun!