· By Soar Organics
DIY Matcha Exfoliant Scrub
Blog contribution by Sierra Wright, Holistic Nutritionist.
Creating your own DIY exfoliant is cost effective, since you most likely have all of the ingredients already in your kitchen (yay for multi-purpose items). Plus, your body will recognize what you're feeding it via skin. Win-win-win!
- 1 tbsp Soar Organics Everyday Matcha [Detoxifier & Combats Inflammation]
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil [Antimicrobial, Moisturizing & Soothing]
- 1/4 tsp Fine Grain Pink Salt [Exfoliation & Deep Tissue Scrub]
- 1-1/2 tbsp Coconut Sugar [Exfoliation & Nourishes Pores]
- 1 tbsp Raw Honey [Natural Antibiotic, Soothing & Skin Cell Regeneration]
- 2 tbsp Ground Oats [Cleaning, Grounding, Helps Break Down Oils]
- 2 tbsp Warm Water [Texture Baby]
- Oat flour will not work as it will turn into a paste.
- No coconut oil? Great alternatives: Vegetable glycerin or jojoba oil.
- No coconut sugar? Replace with another fine grain sugar, such as brown sugar or cane sugar.
- No pink salt? Replace with another fine salt, such as fine grain sea salt.
The reason we use fine grain sugar and salt in this scrub is that we want a gentle exfoliant. A more coarse grain could cause micro tears.
- Combine all of your ingredients in a bowl. You may want to gently warm the coconut oil so it evenly combines with the rest of the components.
- Fold together.
- Seal in a container or jar for up to one week, preferably in the fridge.
Steps for the Perfect Facial Exfoliation Method
- Wash your hands (always use clean hands to touch your face!).
- Gently cleanse your face prior to exfoliating to get rid of any surface grit. Lightly add a touch of water to your skin.
- Using clean hands, scoop 1 tsp DIY Matcha Exfoliant Scrub and lightly apply to your face using a circular motion (avoid the eyes/eyelids as these tissues are very thin and sensitive).
- Leave the exfoliant on your face for 2 to 5 minutes to allow the ingredients to penetrate.
- Using your hands, splash warm water to clear the exfoliant off your face; you can finish with a face cloth using gentle pressure.
- Finish with a hydrating moisturizer or oil (the exfoliant will allow the moisturizer to be fully absorbed into the skin).