· By Soar Organics
Comforting Matcha Rose Latte
Since rose water and matcha are such a lovely pairing, we had to do a rendition of our Iced Matcha Latte with Rose Infused Ice Cubes from last summer. If you haven’t given our iced rose matcha version a try, it’s the perfect recipe to help keep you cool in the summer. On the other hand, this Comforting Matcha Rose Latte is all about those cozy matcha mornings where you might spend extra time in bed.
If you haven’t tried rose water in your at-home self-care rituals or recipes, you really are missing out! It’s refreshing, revitalizing and smells heavenly. Rose water contains antioxidants and acts as an anti-inflammatory. It’s great to help soothe skin irritation and can be taken internally to improve digestion, reduce inflammation and even help ease a sore throat.
Making your own rose water is super easy. You’ll need some dried organic rose petals, water and a pot to lightly boil them in. You can find dried rose petals online or in most health food stores.
Homemade Rose Water:
- 2 cups Water
- 2/3 cup Dried Organic Rose Petals
Note: Your homemade rose water will keep for up to 1 week in the fridge, as long as it's enclosed in an airtight jar.
Matcha Latte Portion:
- 1/4 cup Water for whisking
- 1/2 tsp. Soar Organics Matcha Powder
- 1 cup Milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup of your Homemade Rose Water
- Bring 2 cups of water and 2/3 cup dried rose petals to a light boil. Cover and let simmer for 8-10 minutes over low-to-medium heat.
- Once done strain your rose water to remove the petals and let cool. Set aside.
- Sift 1/2 tsp. matcha powder into a tea bowl or mug.
- Next, bring some water to a light boil and pour 1/4 cup onto your matcha powder. Whisk vigorously.
- Steam or warm milk to your preferred temperature and set aside.
- Finally, add 1/3 cup rose water and your warmed milk to your matcha. Sip peacefully & enjoy!